Catering with City Barbeque
The health, safety, and well-being of our guests, vendors, and team members has always been our number one priority, especially now.
We’ve re-examined every element of our catering process and made a number of adjustments to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Our current guidelines can be found below; we will continue to update this list in accordance with the most up-to-date guidance from public health and government officials.
- City Barbeque caterers will wear masks throughout the entirety of the event.
- Our team will wear gloves when setting up buffets, placing food on buffets, and serving food to guests, with gloves changed in between each of these tasks.
- Caterers will disinfect and sanitize tables prior to service; this applies whether tables are provided by City Barbeque or the venue.
- We’ll be setting up spaced out, single-sided buffets to help minimize congestion and crowding.
- For an additional fee, we can also provide personal protective equipment to guests in the form of loose-fitting disposable gloves and disposable masks.
- City Barbeque caterers will fill the plates of any guests not wearing gloves or masks.
- Our caterers will serve from behind the buffet, reducing contact with serving utensils.
- We will limit waves of guests to no more than 10 at the buffet at a time, and can work with you to discuss how to release guests to the buffet.
- We’ll limit spacing between guests in the buffet line.
- Our caterers can distribute plates to guests as they reach the buffet.
- We’ll be pre-plating foods at our app station and can arrange our meat carving stations to be contactless, carving our smoked meats from behind the buffet.
- We’ll change serving utensils every 25 guests or 30 minutes, whichever comes first.
- We’ll provide either individual hand sanitizer wipes or bottles of sanitizer before guests reach the buffet or action station.
- Our catering team will serve all guests at our beverage and dessert stations.
We appreciate your understanding, cooperation, and trust in our teams and look forward to serving you soon.
City Barbeque will be responsible for the elements outlined above. Venues and event planners will be responsible for ensuring the remaining elements of the event follow all appropriate guidelines as laid out by the CDC and local authorities.