An update for our guests
updated May 21, 2021
With the expanded availability of effective COVID-19 vaccines, we've made changes to the mask policies in our restaurants. Effective today, we'll be allowing our fully vaccinated teammates to work without a mask (we are asking employees to provide proof of vaccination before clearing them to work unmasked).
Facial coverings in our joints are now optional for fully vaccinated guests as well; an individual is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks after a one-dose vaccine.
The CDC continues to recommend that individuals who are not yet fully vaccinated continue wearing a mask in public indoor spaces. Learn more about vaccination here.
At City Barbeque, the safety of our guests and team has been our number one priority since 1999. This has never been more important than it is today. We want to keep you updated on all the things we’re doing to keep our guests and teammates safe.
We’re making sure our teammates are healthy and ready to work:
- We’re checking all teammates for flu symptoms before every shift
- We’re providing thermometers to check teammate temperatures before every shift
- We’re checking to ensure no teammate believes they’ve been exposed to COVID-19 before every shift
We’re maintaining proper social distancing:
- You’ll see a greeter at the door and/or curb during peak times to manage guest flow
- We’re limiting guests inside at this time (please note that these limitations vary by location)
- We’ve placed Xs on floors to ensure proper social distancing
- We’re offering curbside pickup for your convenience and to limit folks inside the joint (learn more here)
We’re providing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- All teammates are required to wear provided gloves
- All teammates are required to wear provided masks
- We’ve placed plexiglass barriers at cashier stations and pickup areas
We’ve upped our stringent safety and sanitation procedures:
- We’re performing coronavirus cleaning/sanitizing three times per day
- We’re just calling guest’s names when orders are ready to limit unnecessary discussion
- We’ve moved condiments, lids, and straws behind the counter
- We’re using secure bag closures to ensure our packaging is tamper-proof
- We’ve closed our self-service beverage stations as required by local authorities
We’re making sure you can get your food in the way that feels most comfortable to you:
- We’re offering free delivery on orders of $25 or more placed via order.citybbq.com or the City Barbeque app
- We’ve introduced new and improved curbside service so you can get your food from the comfort of your car (learn more here)
We will continue to act in accordance with the most up-to-date guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, as well as work with public health officials in our communities. While some aspects of your experience with City Barbeque may change during this time, we will do everything we can to ensure any disruption in the service you receive is minimal.
We appreciate your understanding, cooperation, and trust in our teams. Thank you for your support, and we look forward to serving you soon.
Founder and CEO, City Barbeque