Letters From Rick
Dear Friends and Barbeque Lovers,
You have spoken and we have listened!
Thank you for filling out the email survey a few months back. I gained many insights from you and am excited to introduce some new changes based on your suggestions and feedback.
I’m proud to offer a few changes to the menu and how we take care of you. However, we know where we came from and I believe “you dance with the one who brought you to the ball.” We still offer all our traditional favorites and we’re still a premium barbeque joint. I do believe you will like the changes we have made to better satisfy what you have been asking for. I hope you’ll agree, and look forward to meeting you at The City very soon.
As always, drop me a line with any feedback. But be careful what you type; I just might take your advice! We exist for you.
Lead Pit Boss and President
City Barbeque, Inc.
Click on the below topics to read about the changes we’re making from your insights:
- – We want Pulled Chicken
- I’ve been listening to you for a long time on this. I’m proud to say we have introduced a wonderful pulled chicken with a southern influence. It was inspired by a white sauce down in Alabama and has a bit of our attitude. It is unlike any pulled chicken you will ever get anywhere – I guarantee it. We worked for over two years to get you a unique pulled chicken that stands up to our other sandwiches. I never wanted to just give you something buried in sauce like other places. I wanted you to still taste the slow smoked chicken when you bit into this sandwich. We finally perfected it, and are confident you will enjoy it too. Since we are making Pulled Chicken fresh every day, when we run out, we’re out. Supplies are limited.
- – Your Portions are Too Big for Lunch
- We are known for our 1/2 pound sandwiches, but I hope our reputation rests on the authentic smoked meats. Therefore I’m proud to introduce the City Lunch Plate. This wonderful meal includes a smaller sandwich and two side dishes. You will leave satisfied but not weighed down. It is also easy on the pocket book at $6.49. Of course you can still buy our regular platters, but you asked for an alternative and I’m glad to oblige.
- – What About A Family Meal?
- Most of you who have children have a lot of expenses to deal with and we understand, especially with gas at $3.00 plus. We, like most restaurants, tend to be a bit slower Monday thru Wednesday.So we figured we can offer you a great evening meal for your family during the week. We are introducing the Family Pack, which includes Pulled Pork sandwiches, two homemade sides and warm corn bread for two adults and two children all for only $19.95. Now you can have a wonderful City Barbeque treat during the week at under 5 bucks per person.
- – Your Buns are Lousy
- I’m with you on that one. Our bakery just wasn’t turning out great bun that frames our meat. Therefore we have upgraded our buns to a tastier, fresher touch of honey. Now you will get a better bun and it will be toasted to boot. You should notice a significant difference in how your sandwich tastes. It will be a better deal: your sandwich will be warmer.
- – Your Boneless Chicken Breast Sandwich is sometimes dry
- My cooking philosophy from day one at City Barbeque has been to cook the meat on the bone. It just tastes better. Well for our boneless chicken breast, we are getting back to that. Now when you order this sandwich, we will hand filet the breast meat right off the bone for your sandwich. I’m telling you it makes a huge difference, and I will challenge anyone in the city to make a better boneless chicken breast sandwich. It is so moist and flavorful, you can eat it plain. But of course we offer the fixins’ bar for you to dress it up as you wish.
- – We feel cheated on the fries
- Our fries are fresh cut everyday from Idaho potatoes and cooked in a two-step process, using oil that is free of trans fats. You should always get a heaping boat of fries. Our standard is the boat should be so full, that a fry or two falls out. We (and you) want those fries to be heaping, we never meant to skimp.
- – I don’t want my Ribs on a Paper Plate
- Some things just taste better on a ceramic plate. Therefore be looking for real plates and real silverware when you order a “knife and fork” meal from us by the end of March. This would be our St. Louis-style Ribs, Samplers and all-natural Smoked Chicken. It just makes the meat taste better when you can cut your chicken with a real knife on a real plate.
- – I want to try your Ribs, but I don’t want a whole Slab
- Ribs aren’t cheap. If you don’t like our authentic, hand-rubbed and slow smoked ribs you don’t want to be out a bunch of cash. So for you to sample ribs any time, we are now offering a rib bone for $1.99. Now you can grab a meal of your choice and try a rib without much of an investment. And on Tuesdays, we are starting Rib Bone Tuesdays. You can buy as many ribs as you want for only $1.15 per bone.
- – Your Dining Rooms are Uncomfortable
- Well we are a barbeque joint; so don’t expect white tablecloths. However, wobbly chairs and tables just don’t cut it. We have invested in solid chairs and tables that don’t wobble. In a few of our joints we are changing a couple of things to make your experience better. A few changes include new vintage sodas on ice in our tubs. We’re also putting more menus out for you to read while you’re standing in line so you don’t feel rushed when ordering.
- – I want another option in size for a Party Salad
- And why shouldn’t you have another option? Previously we offered one party size salad: The Jumbo Party Salad, feeding 20 – 24. We took that salad and cut it in half- and The Small Party Salad was born (feeding 10 — 12). Just because we’re a barbeque joint doesn’t mean we don’t have an impressive salad- a crisp mix of Romaine and Mesculine greens topped with grape tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, Parmesan Reggiano cheese and cranberries. Options are a great part of life. I think you’ll agree our salad is the best around.
- – Can I be a City Barbeque Ambassador
- I’m looking for ambassadors that can spread the word about our authentic barbeque made everyday using traditional methods. If you read this much of my letter, you probably qualify. Watch the website for details in the future on how to sign up and get involved.
- – I want an Old-Fashioned Bottled Soda
- There’s nothing better than running into a product that takes you back to your childhood. The nostalgia that old fashioned bottled sodas evoke inside of us is what led us to search for the best vintage soda around. We decided on Cheerwine (Black Cherry), Nehi Orange, Nehi Grape and Cool Mountain Rootbeer. Stocked in ice filled tubs, grab one, close your eyes and reminisce.